Amici Spa has a Registered Massage Therapist, (RMT,) Kedina Raimondi.
Reflexology Sessions for your feet are now available. Please contact Kedina.
Hot Stone Facial
Hot Oil Massage
Hot Stone Therapy Maternity
Special Offer $175
Amici Massage Treatments for Every Condition
Downtown Calgary is a business-centric city, which has over 3,000 businesses. Like London, New York, and Tokyo (known as global cities), this city never sleeps. It houses diverse industries ranging from art and entertainment, science, industrial, commerce, food and drink, and many more. It is a busy, crowded city, where most residents engage in the daily hustle and bustle environment just to get by and make a living. They work to save money for the future.
If you are among that population, Amici has a 4-word question for you: what about the present? While investing for the future is essential, the ‘now’ is even more important. How will you prepare to live in the moment energised and high-spirited? If one of these days you already feel unproductive, along with the lack of will and interests, your mind and body need a time off. And by that, we mean soothing massage therapies.
Everyone has their de-stressing activities and techniques. People watch their favourite movies and TV shows, some go out to eat, others meditate and exercise, and so on. But, only few would resort to massage therapies and the likes. The thing is, massages aren’t luxury. They are not limited to deluxe spas, hotels, and health clubs. Instead, they are vital to personal care. That is why here at Amici Hair Studio Esthetics and Spa, we offer a full range of massage services at affordable rates. Find here on this page the treatments we offer.
Why choose Amici Spa
Aside from advanced equipment, Amici is quite proud of its team. The salon is composed of talented, experienced, and licensed staff. Almost half of their life is devoted to the beauty and health industry. With their decades of service, they have put smiles and satisfaction to over hundreds of customers.
What’s even more interesting is that they already know what clients need and don’t need. For people who have no single idea of what service/s to try, just let us know what keeps your body from being productive. Kedina and Geri will suggest the most effective and suitable treatment. With them, you are in good hands. Below are their brief credentials:
- Kedina R: 20 years of experience as a hairstylist, beautician, and registered massage therapist (RMT)
- Geri R: 15 years of experience as a hairstylist, and registered massage therapist that has mastery in using the hot stone technique
Massage is the practice of pressing, rubbing, and kneading skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments to relax the tissue. With correct application and pressure, a massage is a healing approach to both mind and body. For the latter, it increases the flow of blood and oxygen and reduces the intensity of pain and numbing. In turn, it improves the immune system, making it stronger to protect your body from harmful substances and germs.
When massage relaxes the body’s muscles, so does the mind. It lowers the levels of cortisol, known as the stress or fight-or-flight hormone, which then reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue. Below are the following massage types available here at Amici Spa.
Hot Oil Massage | 60 minutes — CAD80.45
With techniques coming from the Indian culture, the hot oil massage is one of the oldest and most common massage types in the world. Massage therapists make use of heated oil. This can be any food-grade oil or a product created for massages. Here at Amici, we only use premium quality plant-based oils, such as olive, almond, jojoba, apricot kernel, etc.
Since massage oils can be accessed anywhere in beauty retail stores, the technique can also be done at home. That said, the benefits it brings are better and unequalled if it’s performed by trained, experienced, and licensed therapists.
- Reduce and relieve stress
- Promotes hair growth and improves its texture
- Helps reduce stiffness around the neck and parts behind the ears
- Smoothen skin
Reiki | 60 minutes — CAD55.65
Developed around the late 1800s, Reiki is a Japanese alternative therapy or energy healing that fosters emotional and physical healing. It is known for its light, non-invasive touch where practitioners transfer the universal energy from their hands to the patient’s body. Here at the spa, you will experience these techniques:
- Crystals and chakra healing wands
- Relieves emotional stress
- Help treat diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, depression, chronic pain, fatigue syndromes, etc.
Aside from the hot oil, Swedish massage is among the most common and sought-after massage types in the world. It is a full-body massage that uses soft, long, kneading strokes with light and rhythmic pacing. Since the techniques are gentle, Swedish massage is ideal for people who are not used to massages, or those who are sensitive to touch and tension.
For interested clients, please note that this type of massage requires people to remove clothes. You will lie on your back on the massage table with a sheet to cover your rear. To have an idea, these are some of the techniques that our massage therapists will do:
- Long, flowing strokes
- Deep circular motions
- Vibration and light tapping
- Reduce stress
- Increase blood flow, hence improve the immune system
- Increase pliancy
Here are the following rates for the Swedish massage:
- 30 minutes — CAD35.60
- 60 minutes — CAD65.00
- 90 minutes — CAD95.00
Deep Tissue Massage
This is another common type of massage, and its techniques contrast the Swedish massage. Therapists use more pressure working to relieve muscle tension and soreness. While the process feels painful, clients shouldn’t feel any pain or discomfort after the session.
Here are the following rates for the deep tissue massage:
- 30 minutes — CAD45.55
- 60 minutes — CAD80.00
Hot Stone Therapy | 90 minutes — CAD130.75
- HOT STONE FACIAL | 90 minutes — CAD250.75
Similar to the Swedish massage, the hot stone massage is ideal for people who have muscle pain and soreness but want to relax. Therapists don’t use pressure, rather heated stones that are placed on different parts of the whole body. In turn, clients are advised to remove clothes but will be covered with a sheet.
Amici Groupon offers: Save money!
Save more of your money through salon’s vouchers, definitely a great deal to enjoy more of our services. Our coupons are available on Groupon’s website. It is a trustworthy cash-back, online discount product and service platform. At present, here are some of the amazing deals that you can purchase.
- Up to 51% Off Spa Treatments | CAD49.00
- Up to 38% Off Services | CAD195.00
Other coupons for our hair studio and esthetics services
- Up to 49% Off Deep-Pore Facials | CAD51.00
- Up to 47% Off Hair Services | CAD40.00
- Up to 40% Off Chemical Peels | CAD69.00
- Up to 50% Off Eyebrow Threading | CAD7.00
- Up to 50% Brazilian Waxes | CAD30.00
- Up to 45% Off Microneedling Sessions | CAD290.00
- Up to 73% Off Dermaplaning Treatments CAD36.50
- Up to 51% Off Men’s Haircuts | CAD34.00
- Up to 48% Off Shellac Manicure, or Regular Mani-Pedi | CAD19.50
Reserve your slot
Have you pictured yourself relaxing with some of our massage treatments? We know that you are excited. And for us not to disappoint you, you may now book your appointment here on our online booking system. Now, you don’t have to wait longer for we will be expecting your arrival on the reserved date and time. Listed below are some of the spa’s policies. Ensure that you have first read and agreed with them prior to submitting the form.
- Amici allows at-home appointments for massage treatments. But, schedules are only limited during weekends.
- Due to the facility’s limited space, the team could only cater to a few numbers of clients. Please note that the online booking form is only for one person.
- After submitting the form, you will receive the team’s email confirmation. Within it contains a method of payment.
- Please note that payments are also done online and must be paid either partially or fully. Payment instructions are already included in the email confirmation.
- The team reserves the right to cancel unpaid bookings 3 days after receiving the email confirmation.
- The team allows customers to cancel their appointments. If it is done three or more days prior to the scheduled date, we will refund your money in full.
|On-site or at-home|
(Note: If it is at-home, please write your home address. Don’t forget to include the ZIP code)
Massage therapies improve your mind and body’s overall health, in particular to the immune system and skin. Complete the wellness of your skin with Amici’s soothing, peaceful, and delightful facial services. Our newest treatments, called dermaplaning and microneedling, promise to rejuvenate the skin, making it healthy and glowing. Along with facial massage techniques — which aid blood flow and lymphatic drainage — your face will be more refined and plumper. Find more about the salon’s esthetics services here on this page: Pamper Time With Amici Esthetics and Spa.